So I am a canning/bottling queen lately and Jared is the lucky guy that gets to be my assistant. He truly (enter sarcasm here) loves to help me.
We have done pears, and apples, in every shape and form. We have grated tons of zuchinni, and my latest adventure in the canning world was tomatillo salsa. It looks wonderful, smells wonderful, and I am so excited to eat it.
We did the tomatillo salsa last night. One of the ingredients is anaheim peppers--not fiery hot, but warm. Jared was my pepper chopper, of course, he is my assistant.
I told him to wash his hands, but I don't think that he heard me......
a little later he rubbed his eye. Yeah, bad idea. Luckily, just the eye lid was on fire. So I had him wash his hands in lemon juice, cause I swear I read somewhere that it takes the pepper oil off your hands.
After we finished up our tasty creation, we went and showered. I was still feeling bad for his eye, cause it was still burning.
Well, being the man that he is, while I was bent over turning the water on for the shower, he did a little feelsky--in the area that husbands love to feel up their wives.
Yeah, it started burning.
Then, he said that his neck was burning after he washed it.
Needless to say, he did not touch me anymore last night and was very weary of anywhere he touched on his own body.
The best part, I bought more tomatillos today for another batch.....and some gloves for my assistant!
Paul and Tamara
13 years ago


5 comments:
Wait? It started burning you? I'm embarrassed by my own naiveness. Either way, sorry if it burned you, but that's whole story is funny.
Great story! Last year we let the kids help and somewhere in the mix they touched a pepper or something that had touched a pepper. Yeah, we had screaming children with burning eyes. We invested in gloves as well. The thick blue ones work best, I think Em got them at Costco???
Oh my hell! The visual I get when I read your posts is unmatched anywhere else. I just have sat here and giggled and laughed and giggled and laughed thinking about how many blasted times I've touched my eye after pepper adventures, but oh what a mean assistant who touched the bosses special place and caused himself more grief...is the salsa good? I've not ever had it before. Maybe you should come visit me and bring me some and I'll share with you some of our bottled creations.
Have Fun! Misty
hee hee hee
haa haa haa
hee hee
(shoulders shaking)
so sorry for the both of you
rachel
Tori, sorry for the burning sensation...sure it wasn't because Jared is a "hunk-a-hunk of burnin' love?"
Sorry, couldn't resist....
Post a Comment