I was talking to my mom on the phone yesterday and she told me that she finally realized that she is a picky eater. I took it upon myself to clarify that she is a bland picky eater.
She is just now realizing this fact. The woman could live on chicken, and she sees no need for salt and pepper, let alone any other "fun" spices. But we love her the same.
I have come to a realization of my own.
I have issues with touching other people and possibly getting their germs.
People are gross.
First off, I was raised that you DO NOT EVER, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES, touch hand rails of any sort with your hands. You use your elbows.
That is why you were given elbows. To steady yourself on any given handrail that you might have to use. You see, the logic here is that you can't stick your elbows in your mouth.
Take a moment, and try it.....
Ok, so anyway.... people and their germs are gross.
I hate, despise, think it is totally disgusting to shake a strangers hand, or even people that I know. I would rather not ever shake anyones hand again....ever.
Hands are gross.
Hands wipe butts. Hands hold boy parts when they pee. Hands have fingers that pick noses. Hands get sneezed into. Hands are gross.
That is my realization. I don't want to be rude and not shake peoples hands. But when I am done letting them transfer their poo germs to me, I hold it out like it has leprosy until I can sanitize my hand.
GROSS!
Paul and Tamara
13 years ago


3 comments:
Your post reminds me of one I read by my Niece-in-law about why she will never have a cat or dog in the house. I certainly hope we are not like animals. I do admit, however, the older I get the more I wash my hands and I have sanitizer at my desk for a reason.....
Are we all becoming paranoid? I do shake hands, however. I think people need human touch - or is it just that I need human touch?
When we were on our lil vacation a few weeks ago,, some of the people thought I was really weird about my germ phobia,,,I told them about handrails,, and asked them if they thought about how many people have touched their menus in a cafe,, and hand shaking, ewwwwww, after I go a wedding or funeral and I have shook gathousand hands, I immediately go wash my hands.
And also on our lil trip, is a inside joke about a sweaty man making salsa,,,,wiping the sweat off his forehead(with his hand), then with a big smile, handing you some freshly made salsa.
So I know where your coming from on the germ thing.
Whenever I am around boys, little ones in particular, like around my girls' age, i always wonder as they are touching different things with their hands "did they wash the last time they held their parts in the bathroom?" I always thought I was a sicko for thinking it, thanks for letting me know I am truly okay!
and handrails - I would rather eat 20 cow pies than touch a handrail!
sis
Post a Comment