This last weekend we went camping at Starvartion.
I did not take 1 single picture.
Yes, you read that right--not 1.
ok, I will give you a minute to let that sink in........................
............................................. ...................................
Unbelievable I know. But it was ummmmm, eventful. Yeah, that's a good word--eventful.
We had been planning this trip for awhile. Taylor was so excited to go, we were so excited to go. We were going with some of Jareds cousins and some of their friends. Pretty much just an awesome group of people. Then, word at Jared's work said that he would be going out of town and had to leave Sunday. Snap!
So we talked about it and weighed our options, but we decided to still go, but just make it a short weekend. Leave Friday-come back Saturday.
Jared had Friday off and got everything ready. So when I got home, we loaded up to go. Well, Jared forgot the generator, but remembered at the last minute. That should have been the sign to tell us to stay home. Loading the generator while hooked onto the 5th wheel is a feat. After scratching the truck and many swear words later, we were off.
We stopped in Heber and got some grub. Brogan wouldn't eat anything though. We tried everything, but he wouldn't eat. He looked really tired, but Jared said that he had a good nap. Then he wouldn't drink anything. He was looking all yucky, when all of a sudden a pink-capri sun-doritos-who knows-what else-vomitus tube exploded from Brogans little mouth!
"Shut up!!!" That's all I could say.
I had no idea a little tummy could hold so much!
It was everywhere!!
Himself, the seat, the floor, the blanket, the toys, my CAMERA CASE!!!!
Jared found a spot to pullover to clean him up. Oh it was nasty. He was even saying "eeewwwww!!" We got him cleaned up, changed 2 dirty diapers, lord-help me now, cleaned the truck and the carseat the best we could. Meanwhile, Taylor decided to make a 'sand storm for the ants' and inadvertantly kicked a rock while wearing flip flops. She came over with blood all over her toe. Out comes the first aid kit to fix that.
Then Jared looks down and realizes that the cord that hooks the trailer to the truck, the electrical cord, had been dragging and was pretty much toast. Almost all the wires were fried. So no tail lights, brake lights, the works. Wonderful.
We got back on the road and got to camp. All is well. Brogan started acting normal and was a hungry little bear. I was feeding him some dutch oven potatoes when Taylor comes up and tells me that the boogie board 'kinda floated away-I have no idea how-but it's out in the water and we can't reach it'. I book it down to the water where they were playing and see the kneeboard clear out there. Great!
It's almost dark and there I am swimming out, in my clothes, to retrieve Jodi's kneeboard. Oh those girls were gonna get it!! I got back to shore, threatened every fiber of their being for playing with things that weren't ours and told them to meet me at the trailer. They took off running like their lives depended on it.
It was close to dark, Tylee trips and whacks her knee on a stump. Blood and tears come gushing out. Are ya serious??? So I gather her up and tell Taylor to go get her dad. He comes out to see his wife soaking wet from the chest down carrying the neighbor with blood dripping down her leg. He had no idea of anything that was going on.
We got that all patched up, and had a little "chat" with the girls about what in their right mind were they doing with that kneeboard that wasn't ours, and that they don't just float away like that........
The girls went to bed. I changed my clothes. We put Brogan to bed too. Jared and I both mixed us a drink.
The next day was good. Amber makes a mean Bloody Mary and taught me her tricks! We played in the water, got rained on, had fun, visited with friends family...... oh it was nice.
Then, it was time to go home. Jared hooked the trailer on the truck, but something wasn't right. It wasn't latched properly. He told Rusty to watch it while he pulled forward a bit.
Oh, that was a bad noise. The trailer came unhooked completely and kinda landed on/scraped the bed of the truck. It dented the trailer and kinda curled the side of the bed of his truck. Fun.
We finally got reattached and hit the road. Once we got to Heber, we had to rig up a way to get light on the back of the trailer. Jared did something that now, has one of the truck tail lights hanging off and it won't go back on. We got stuck in traffic in the fantastic I-15 construction of taking 4 lanes down to 2.
We all made it home alive....barely. My nerves were shot, but no injuries ensued.
So, I did not have time to take pictures, nor was I ever in the mood to clean the vomit off my camera!!
Paul and Tamara
13 years ago


5 comments:
What a nightmare!!!!!!! ;(
holy crap. that is sorta all i can say. except, if you car still smells like throw up, shake baking soda on everything! that has happened in my car too many times! take care, happier camping next time!!
You were so cool at work today ... I had NO idea! What a memory! We all laugh because we've all gone through similar ourselves. Thank heavens we can all laugh...
okay,
well that just killed any attempt I may have made to go camping this month
i am tired just from reading that and i think my neck is feeling a little tight
what a nightmare is right
next time just stop and stay in HEBER CITY!!!!
I'm sorry that it sucked for you guys, I'm glad we got one camping trip with you though. Glad you had a little fun and learned how to make the bloody mary's, you'll be the new queen to make them from now on. Love ya. Can't wait to do it again.
Post a Comment