Friday, July 30, 2010

Silly Girls

Taylor has been having her summer time at our house *finally*. It is so much fun to have her all the time, not just for a few hours at night, or every other weekend. We have her pretty much for 4 weeks.

It is great to watch her interact with Brogan, and boy does he love his sissy! He is that little brother that follows her around all over and wants to be with her all the time. She is really good about it. We love to send B in her room in the mornings to wake her up. That way we can blame it on him, and she can't get mad.

There are times when I am at my wits ends with him, since he is fully embracing the 'terrible two' stage, that's a whole other post, and Taylor will see my frustration and step in and help me and/or him. Sometimes he doesn't want me and just wants his sissy. She is a wonderful big sister to him.

The neighbor has a girl that is just a year older. Tylee. They play and play and play and play. Sometimes it feels like I have three kids. I am not complaining, the girls play so good together, and Tylee is really good with Brogan too.

After fireworks, they decided that they wanted to sleep out on the trampoline. We put it right under our bedroom window so we could make sure they went to sleep at a reasonable hour. We, of course, heard giggles for a little bit, but they finally settled in.

Here they are the next morning......


After lunch one day, they both got a drink. Tylee had a Hawaiian Punch and Taylor had a Cactus Cooler. They came in and asked for tape and a pen and then grabbed a few Kleenex's on their way out the door.

They made this.......

People blood and Animal blood. I love it!!

It sure makes me wonder what sort of story went along with this. Were they vampires and learning to go vegetarian--ya know, like the Cullens. Or was one a vampire and the other was not, or maybe it had nothing to do with vampires. But I just loved it.

I had a few things that needed to get done around the house. I found 2 lipglosses that I bought awhile back and Bath and Body Works. I asked the girls if they wanted to earn them by doing some chores. They were hot on it. So I made a list and away they went!

You would have thought they were earning a million dollars with the way they worked! It was awesome!


I told them that they have to do a good job and that I would be inspecting. That's what the purple smiley faces are for. I would put one after I checked their work. I was quite impressed with their work and their ability to work together to get it done efficiently.

Funny thing, they asked to do more!!! So, now once a week I buy a treat or prize for them to earn, and they get to do chores for me.


1 comment:

mom said...

Thats a good idea on the job thing,,,and a good thing they get along so well.