Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Announcing......

Well, I am finally going to publicly announce the news. I am pregnant! Yep, me....finally happened. I will be 9 weeks on Friday, so I am not way far along, but I feel that it is semi-safe to let people know. My due date is May 2, 2008. I am enjoying not knowing what is going on with my body. I have no idea how such a little ball of tissue can wreak such havoc. I know that people have had worse pregnancies than me, but everything is a little weird. I haven't puked yet, but came really close to it today. I feel really queasy all the time, I have to graze. I pee alot, I am really, really tired, and my boobs are HUGE--already a size bigger! Whoa!! I just love the wonderful side effects to my guts from the prenatal vitamins. I am also an emotional roller coaster--poor Jared!
We are both really excited for the journey that we are going on together. It is all new for me and a little scary, but I love it. I am excited to have a baby of my own and be able to look into his/her face and see a reflection of me and my wonderful husband. I am spoiled and I work with an ultrasound tech, and we get bored at work, so I have peeked in on my baby several times. It currently has a heart rate of 172 beats/min. It still looks like a glob with a heartbeat, but is taking on the characteristics of a turtle. :)
Anyway, thats the lastest at our house......
Oh P.S. we are not telling Taylor yet because she has NO concept of time, she doesn't understand when next Friday is, let alone 7 months from now. So please, try to refrain from telling her or anyone that might tell her. We are going to try to wait until I show before letting her know. Thanks!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

You will both make terrific parents,,,,, i can see that with Taylor,,, big fat huggs! Yayayayay for Tori and Jared!

Rachel said...

Turtle? That is hilarious!
Thanks for the groundbreaking news. (sisters know before anyone else!) I am so happy for you. You will be a great little mommy.

Rachel said...

Oh yeah, don't feel bad about feeling tired, take advantage of the opportunity to rest. I personally know that making a placenta is hard work. It is tiring work, but it must be done!!

acrane said...

yeah yeah yeah
i am so excited for you and our kids will close in age that will be so fun. Hey and I know what you are going through remember ot make saltines your best friend for the next couple of months, and I promise that all of that craziness that your body is going through is so worth it ask me I have only 11 weeks left yeah!
congrats again I am so exctied for you two!

Anonymous said...

Poor Jared though. A full nights sleep for him his 5 or 6 hours. Last night I fell asleep at 8 while he was watching a movie. I got up at 10:00 brushed my teeth and went back to bed. The poor guy was restless all night, but hey he got up and made me breakfast before I went to work. Maybe there is a method to my madness.
I have told him that if he wants num nums he has to make his move before 7:30 or 8, or it probably won't happen.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! That is really exciting. Sleep while you can, it might be a year or two before you get another "full" night rest! (Rachel, I think that baby needs a cousin, no rush) Mindy

Anonymous said...

Num Nums? It gets really good here in a month or two when there is ALOT of blood flow down there!

Anonymous said...

Oh, the num nums are already really good, its just the hard part of keeping me awake for it! He had to catch me early or he gets a dead fish.

Anonymous said...

It gets better.

Anonymous said...

Giggles @ num nums,,,,, I like that expression.

Anonymous said...

TORI.....I am soooo excited for you! YEA! A childs birth is such a miraculous experience, even more so when it's yours! You are going to be so cute prego! Hope you aren't to sick, but sick enough to let you know everything is going well:) Keep us posted! YEA!!!!!!!