
I am 25 weeks today!! It is going by really fast, especially when I
step into reality and realize that the only baby thing that I haveis a breastpump that I found on a killer deal and a St. Maarten t-shirt. Seriously, I need to start getting prepared, and I kinda don't know where to start!
This experience has still been very "easy" when compared to
other peoples pregnancy. My belly has grown quite a bit the last 2 weeks, along with everything else on my body--or so the scales
say. I am totally going to to blame it in the ooey-gooey-nutty-
chocolatey-carmelly goodness of Snickers!! That is my yummy treat. On the cruise we had a mini-fridge that was stocked with stuff, and of course, not free. I think our room stewardess did some research before we boarded, cause in the door of the fridge-yes Snickers. Plus nothing is better than a cold Snickers. So I would justify my eating of the $2.50 Snickers along with an ice cold Diet Coke, as MY drink of the day. It was a rule that everyone had to get the drink of the day, but me--I got to pick who drank mine. But alas, in the fridge, I found my true drink of day wrapped in a beautiful brown wrapper! So we will blame the big butt, and thunder thighs on Beverly, our Nazi-Peruvian room stewardess. (We didn't like her!)
Back to reality again, he is moving ALOT! I swear this little guy never rests! When I go to sleep he is wiggling, when I wake up he is wiggling, all afternoon he is wiggling. I think he just takes a power nap every morning, after the coffee-caffeine high wears off then its back to his rolly-polley self. As Jason, Jareds brother, likes to sing to me "If you're happy and you know it- kick your Mom". So that might be his song!!
Ok--one complaint--leg cramps suck!! I get the really strong charley-horses in my calves whenever I stretch out my legs in a really good kinda squeaky cat stretch. I have mastered a great trick though. Just when I am starting to stretch out, I feel that 'holy crap-your leg is going to cramp so hard you can't see straight, let alone, get up and "walk it out" feeling', all I do is continue the stretch but keep my feet as flexed as possible. It makes for only an 80% satisfying stretch, but its better than waking up Jared with vulgarities that would make a sailor blush, as I am trying to hoist myself out of bed, to rub out my cock-eyed looking foot. There is always a faint achyness there, but its only the stretching that bring on the big boy cramps!
Well, now that I have bored everyone to tears with my rambling, (yeah, work is boring today) I will end this post. Thanks for everyones love and support in my experience of becoming a mommy!


7 comments:
Great craving choice. The Snickers will kepp you happy tale is true. My problem now is that Snickers keep me happier now that I am not prego. I think it will be awhile before I rid myself of the belly for that reason.
If I might make a suggestion on the first baby items to purchase... Carseat of course cuz you never know when he might sneak into this world and at least one cute pair of jammies and onsies to bring him home in. Then we get together for a baby shower and you put the vibes out of EVERYTHING you need and then whatever doesn't get given to you (cuz it's freakin expensive to buy it all yourself) you can pick up the slack after your trusty friends and family do their part. THat would be my advice of the day. Enjoy! Love ya
Great Advice Misty! I also suggest taking a nice new pair of oversized Jammies top and bottoms or just a nursing gown for yourself. I hate wearing the hospital gowns, and you can get some really nice ones with "jug" openings so you can feed baby without having to mess with the tie in back hospital gowns.
Reading your posts is far from boring,,,,, you make charley horse leg cramps quite entertaining.(is that spelled right?)
I take lots of calcium and potassium for mine on the advise if my youngest daughter.
Misty's advise about the baby shower is a good one,,,,, as soon as the dreaded snow slows down we need to get that planned.
In pregnancy, no supplements help, I have already asked. It is caused by increased weight and the baby irritating the nerves in my pelvis, or something. But thanks anyway.....my dr. said "welcome to the next few months of your life, it only gets worse"
Kinda squeaky cat stretch? What the heck is that? I do know that 'oh my gads, my leg is going to bust out of its skin calf cramp' feeling, but the squeaky cat thing is worrying me. Is there something I missed while being pregnant, TWICE? Actually, it is giving my the willies, I don't like cats.
Snickers, it much be genetic. Glen has one everyday, I used to have 3 a day, and you are loving them. Mom? Dad? Any confessions?
Just a quick note, here,,, Snickers is your dad favorite too,,, he used to have one in his lunch every day,, back when i made lunches, so that was a snickers every day for about 30 years.
hey
Tori
iam so excited for you just remeber after all of this stuff you get a cute baby that you love more than anything even when youa re feeding them at two in the morning. Babies are great.
Enjoy the cravings cause you and justify them when you are pregnant but after you really can't
hey I also agree with what misty said on what to get for you new little jared JR
well have a great day
Amanda
Post a Comment