- Fast after midnight
-get there at 9:00 am
-get blood drawn
-guzzle some ultra sugary stuff
-wait an hour, do bloodwork
-wait another hour, do blood work
-wait another hour, do bloodwork
-drive as fast as I can to the nearest fast food place
because I will be STARVING by noon!
So, yeah, I am excited. Can ya feel the excitement? Me..... at the dr's office..... staring at the fish tank......watching other pregnant women waddle in for their appointments.....reading phamplets on vaginal dryness.....for 3 hours.....starving to death......just what I want to do!
I have a feeling that the whole Snickers heaven I have been experiencing is coming to a close! I most likely have gestational diabetes so the love affair with my sweet chocolately goodness is ending....cause I really don't want to have Mongo the giant mongoloid baby who weighs 14 lbs.!!!
The nice nurse also told me that I am anemic and accused me of not taking my prenatal vitamins. I told her that I have to skip 1 or 2 days a week so I can POO!!! She said, 'too bad, go buy some iron and stool softener cause you are too low'. The anemia makes sense, cause I have felt like a giant glob of goo, I just thought that was normal.
It was a great conversation, she threatened me with all sorts of stuff; a giant baby with jaundice, a c-section, bleeding to death, blood transfusions, etc.
She also prophesied my next few months: "a sugarless, constipated hell".


10 comments:
Oh Tori, Tori, Tori.....You truly shoulda been a writer,,,,Who else can make constipation,,, glucose testing,,, and watchin other women waddle so dang funny. I feel bad for ya,,, and all the crap you go thru,,,, but hell,,,, your writing abilites makes me giggle,,,,and i await the next story.
Anyway, good luck,,,,,, and big ole huggs!
Tori, You need to eat lots of meat and very little carbs, until Midnight before your test I don't know for sure but I would think that it would help with your testing. I would think that since they put you on a high protein diet to control it after you are diagnoised that eating a high protien diet before you get tested would help with the testing process.
PS I have yet to take a prenatel vitamin. opps!!! I hate taking pills. I can't imagine they will put you an insulin, just have you eat less carbs...
I would assume that if you ate lots of sugar and carbs before the day before your testing that it would jack up your numbers. I would just suggest that you try and make this test as accurate as possible and stay away from that stuff for 24 hours before you test! THINK TUNA, Salmon, Sea bass, Fat free chicken, take your pick.
Good luck!
Constipated with no sugar,that is one heck of a way to spend 4 more months or so!
You called tonight and I never called you back, sorry. We had company until about 8:45.
Don't freak out though, all will be well. Take Harry Potter so you don't have to read about vaginal dryness or citrical. I had to do that 3 hour test once too, it will fly by if you take Harry and drag on if you don't.
I will call you tomorrow!
Maybe Snickers will just have to wait for you for a little while, don't be too sad!
oh dang, i am so sorry! i love chocolate, and i hope you don't have to totally do without!!! but, at least you are doing what you have to do for the kiddo inside. and i promise, it is all worth it. and ps, i had to have a c-section with Grace - it was sorta an emergency, anyway, the recovery wasn't so bad though, in fact i would do it all over again. take care friend, hang in there!!
One more thing, make sure your hands are washed really good, any substance, sugar or food on your hands can make the sugar look high! I also have had 3 c-sections and think that all you other women do it the wrong way...
Tori, I agree with your mom. Don't hold back a thing has always been your middle name, but I think that I felt (after your description) that I was there with you. You explained it perfectly and anyone who had been down the dreaded path before you will super sympathize with you too. You're gonna be fine and by the way, you look adorable prego on Rachel's page and I think you should post a picture for us to see your cute belly. Good Luck!
hang in there tor i promise they are worth it
Hey girl, I hear ya! First of all my favorite candy bar (and still is) SNICKERS! I love the ice cream snickers bar at the gas stations, MMMMMMM! I too had Gestational Diabetes with two of my kids. I dreaded those three hour test! I was able to keep my G.D. under control with a diet after I talked to a dietitian. It sucked not be able to eat what ever and when ever I wanted. I still had big babies. Thomas was two weeks early and almost weighted 9 pounds. I don’t know if they told you, but if you have G.D. when you are pregnant you are more likely to get diagnosed with Diabetes when you are older. My Mom had it when she was Pregnant with us kids and just four years ago out of no where got diagnosed with Diabetes.
I too (along with Jenny) had three c-sections. My Pelvis was shaped too small (which I eventually found out that the shape of your pelvis has nothing to do with how small or big boned you might be...I was laughing when they told me my pelvis was too small to birth a nine pounder because I am NOT a small person!)
Anyway, I got leg cramps at night ALL THE TIME!!!!!! I couldn't sleep. My DR. told me to take a warm bath right before bed to relax my muscles. It soooo worked. The nights that I would just hop into bed, I would have those horrible leg cramps. I few times I even got up at 2am and took a Hot bath (suppose to be warm, I was naughty) and then went back to sleep. Those baths saved me. Sometimes I would take two or three tubs a day just to relax my back (which is bad shape from cheerleading) and my legs.
Yucky Prenatal vitamins. I could only take them at night, other wise I would burp up iron all day long. Even with Prenatal Vits. I was still low on my iron and tested anemic every time. I had to take an extra iron pill along with my pre-natal every night. I had to do this even when I was nursing. I was a little constipated, but I found that drinking Cram Apple juice kept me loose enough not to have to take stool softeners.
Your pregnancy sounds just like mine! If you have to have a c-section, don't worry too much. I loved my c-sections and choose to have one the second time around. (After a second c-section you have to do c-sections every time.) Good Luck and I hope you do well with you withdraws from your Snickers:)
P.S. I forgot to mention my babies also had Jaundice. What else I say, what else? I guess I survived with our bleeding to death:)
I love your cruise pictures. I just scrolled down and I am sooooo extremely jealous! How fun that must have been. Eventually my loved one will get the hint that that is one of my dream vacations I want for info when we go!
AHHHHHH, that last sentence was supposed to say, "Now I know who to contact for info when we go". Alright, I'll leave you alone now:)
Post a Comment