Friday, August 22, 2008

Daddy Daughter Date

So the Daddy/daughter date started because Taylor was looking at my poofy pink prom dress that is hanging up in the spare bedroom. She told me that she was sooooo excited to go to prom when she gets older and asked if she could wear my dress. I told that it would be 9 more years until she could go on a date. That is a lifetime to her. So I asked if maybe she would like to go on a fancy date with Dad. She wanted to of course, so I got out the pretty dress that she wore as our flower girl at our wedding, and to my surprise it still fit. I asked what she wanted to do, and she said 'go to the movies'. So I suggested dinner and a movie.
We looked up what movies were playing and she picked Journey to the Center of the Earth and wanted to eat at Chili's. I text Jared and let him know that his night was suddenly booked, but to act surprised when he got home cause she was going to ask him. She then got really nervous. It was so cute. She kept saying things like 'what if he doesn't want to go?' and 'what if people stare at us like we are weird?'. I assured her that her dad would loooovvveee to go on date with her and that the only reason people would be staring is because she is so beautiful and to just smile back.
Here is the note she left on our bed to ask him. When he got home she hid in her room until he found it. (I made sure that was the first place he went when he got home.)
I had to go to Payless Shoes and get her some new pretty shoes, cause we didn't have any that fit her. She wanted high heels!! And I got her some new tights. I came home and did her hair, put lipgloss on her, got her dressed while Dad put on his suit. I thought they looked so nice! She was commenting on how nervous she was because when Gabriella when on a date with Troy she was so nervous that she kept looking at the floor. Way too much High School Musical!!!!



Here they are at dinner. I was so afraid that she was going to spill on her dress!

Jared said the movie was almost painful cause it was so dumb, and Taylor thought it was the greatest ever! Funny how that is. He also said that they did get stared at by people, and thought that was funny. She said that she was nervous for a minute, then it was ok, and that her tights were itchy during the movie.

So there you have it.......Taylor's first date!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful idea Tori... They look so great I can see why people stared at them.. Should be a family tradition....

Anonymous said...

I think its great, that Jared was such a good sport,,,,Taylor will remember that night forever,, and when she gets older,,,, she will remember and smile, cause her dad was so cool.

Jessica said...

That is so cute. You are awesome to help put all that together.

Anonymous said...

How very cute! I love it. I love it that Jared actually wore a suit. Matt would fight that till the death. They look so cute! Hooray for Taylor and her bravery in asking her dad out. So cute!!!
By the way, there is no such thing as TOO MUCH High School Musical!

Rachel

Sarah said...

Such a great idea! Taylor is adorable and I love the fact that they were both nervous! :)