Monday, May 24, 2010

~hold please~

My kitchen is on hold.

I am currently waiting for my insurance adjuster to call to "assess the damages".

Does this make you curious?

I will tell the tale.

Saturday night, Jared had hung the new beautiful black fan light over the kitchen table and we were discussing the new cabinet that will go over the fridge. He looked over and said,"wow, this new lighting and paint gives our ceiling an optical illusion, likes it has a bow in it."

We looked at it, and yes, the ceiling was definately straight out of Alice in Wonderland.

I stopped the ceiling fan from spinning, and turned off the light.

Still convoluted.

Jared grabbed a straight edge, held it up, and yes, we had a bubble.

A big, squishy bubble!!

Jared climbed up into the crawl space above our kitchen but didn't see anything.

Then we poked a hole through the ceiling into the bubble---- and out drained about 2 gallons of water!!!

I just sat back and giggled. That was all I could do. He poked several holes in the area and we let the water drain out, totally dumbfounded. Once the bulk of it came out, it just dripped. It sounded like it was raining in my kitchen.

Jared climbed up on the roof outside. He found a spot where a couple shingles got blown off, a tear in the tar paper, right over a seam in the roof.

Taylor was in an uproar! She was ready to pack up and move. In her mind, we had to buy a new house--we needed to move out pronto--there was no way this could ever be fixed--. She said that we need to get boxes and just start dumping the drawers out cause we gotta go!

Jared called a friend of a friend of a friend, and was able to get a roofer over to patch the bald spot on our roof so no further damage happened.

I called the insurance company and am waiting for the adjuster to call me back.

So, the kitchen make-over is currently on hold. We are so close too!

1 comment:

Julie L said...

Just think how awesome that new kitchen is going to look with a new ceiling, too! I love Taylor's reaction. Sounds good to me!