Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Civil War kids

My sister and her good friend Amanda participate in Civil War reenactments. Rachel has become quite passionate about this. They went and took some pictures of their kids at Old Town Heber dressed in period appropriate clothing from the Civil War.

I asked her if I could "play" with a few of their pictures, and here is the results after only about 20 minutes of playing.






Yes, I know that my sepia tones are different in each picture, hence the "playing".

My sister made all the clothing for her children, and yes--they are "period correct". That means that there are no current modifications to them--it was just as it was during the Civil War. That is why sweet Emmitt is in a gown. Little boys did not wear pants until they were potty trained. My sister has an amazing dress that she made for herself too.

Please go check out their site http://www.hebervalleycivilwarlivinghistory.com/ for more information about this event. It will be held September 17th and 18th at "Old Town Heber" and the admission is free.

Don't ya think it is time to step back in history and teach ourselves and our children about the people who came before us and the sacrifices made?

5 comments:

Rachel said...

oh my goodness
those pictures are so sweet
I love the quotes and I love the sepia
and I love that you think history is important too!!
thanks so much!

Amanda Lee said...

You are SO talented! I love the qoutes. I love the look of the first one, great color. Are you coming to Camp Floyd? It would be great to get a group shot (no pundt intended). I don't think they have ever had one, lol.

Anonymous said...

I love the middle picture. It looks like the sun is shining on the kids.
Diantha

mom said...

Great job with the pics,,,Its quite awesome actually.

Jenny said...

You did a great job with the photo's. They both are very talented with this Civil War stuff. I am kind of lost, but enjoy it still the same.