Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Innocent?

My 2 year old!

So cute, so sweet, so innocent right?

I will go with the cute, and he is sweet most of the time. But innocent? I don't think so!

He is keeping everyone on their toes lately.....

1.) On Sunday, we were doing yardwork. I was finishing up planting the garden and Jared had taken Brogan in the house because the wind had picked up. Well, Brogan wanted his momma and decided to let himself outside. Jared came looking for him and found him with me. He tried to get back into the house, but Brogan had locked us all out before he came looking for me. Luckily, I had come out the back door and it was unlocked, or we would have been breaking into our own house.

2.) The next day he locked the babysitter out of her house, not once...... but twice! All the kids in the house and the only adult locked out!! To add insult-- it was the dead bolt that he used!!

3.) Last night in the tub.....

While I had him in the bath, I decided to multi-task and clean the sink and toilet while he played. I look over to see him with a grunty-push face. Oh goodness! I asked him if he was pooping and he nodded yes. Next thing I know--green floaties--big ones. I scooped him out of the water and put him on the toilet. I told him that big boys go in the toilet. He, of course, nodded his head "no".

Once, I realized he was done with his business I took him off the toilet and stood him on the rug. I proceeded to clean the tub and get the "chunks" out and in the toilet. Ummmmm, gross! There he is standing there, dripping wet, with green running down his legs from the remains of the earlier tragedy and he starts to pee..... all over the outside of the tub and floor.

Seriously?! At the moment I just had to giggle.... I finished cleaning the poo tub, washed him off, started a new bath, cleaned the pee up off the floor and continued on with my night.

Oh how I love my cute, sweet, not so innocent 2 year old!

3 comments:

Tacey said...

oh my goodness! just wait until he is almost 3!! I am going to go crazy somedays. but you still gotta love them :)hey we need to get together if you want before Mari and Joe head back east.

Julie L said...

So Brent and I returned from an evening out to find our babysitter fuming in the living room, door to the twins room closed. Seems someone's diapers did not hold the contents and had deposited little gifts all over the floor in there. Oh, the joys of being a mother of small children!

sara said...

oh my word! I know how those times are!