
Ok, so Brogan is now just over 4 months old, I was able to breast feed him consistently for 2 months, then the suppy gradually went down for the next month, until no more num nums for the baby.
Now if anyone has read anything to do with babies and breastfeeding, it all states that you shouldn't diet while breastfeeding cause your body needs lots of food to produce milk--right? I saw that as a perfect excuse to continue eating whatever, albeit no spicy foods, no diet coke, no chocolate; but still whatever I wanted.
Also, all the books say no exercising for at least 6 weeks after delivery to give your body time to heal and get back to "normal" (whatever that means).
Now if anyone has read anything to do with babies and breastfeeding, it all states that you shouldn't diet while breastfeeding cause your body needs lots of food to produce milk--right? I saw that as a perfect excuse to continue eating whatever, albeit no spicy foods, no diet coke, no chocolate; but still whatever I wanted.
Also, all the books say no exercising for at least 6 weeks after delivery to give your body time to heal and get back to "normal" (whatever that means).
So then why is it that after 4 months I am still sitting on my arse eating whatever I want? Why is it so easy to justify all my lazy actions? When in all reality, looking in the mirror naked *gasp* should say..... I mean scream, "connect the dots should not be played on your dimply backside!!"
Cause, really.....its scary!
My other question is this.....
I am actually down to my pre-prego weight, or at least what I weighed at my 10 week appointment cause I have no idea what I weighed before, but geez...... it sure doesn't look/feel like it! I am not saying that I looked good before, heaven sakes, that would be a fargin' lie! But the part that I can't figure out is the whole "re-distribution" of body weight.
Where in the world is the voluptuous part of my breasts that actually made them look full? Now they are saggy and could be featured on the discovery channel. Did that fullness move to my back, giving me that oh-so appealling "back-fat" that gets squooshed out of the bottom of my bra?
Is gravity really so strong that the dimples that were on my derriere have been pulled down my legs to my thighs? I maybe wouldn't mind if they just moved south for the winter, but it looks like they have mass produced and left lots of little dimply-dimple babies behind to take their place! A perfect place to play connect-the-dots and see what shapes can be formed.
Is it possible that underneath the bread-dough tummy there is still some sort of cute tummy, or it that just a thing of the past? A ghost that flits around my elliptical macine waiting to be reconnected with my body? (Actually, it has been a very long time since my tummy was even close to cute, so I am afraid the "sexy tummy ghost" has given up and moved on!)
Speaking of elliptical machine, I got on the damn thing....
I come walking downstairs with my too old, too tight, biker shorts that I have had for about 10 years (can you say thread-bare); wearing my old super-duper powered support sports bra; my hair pulled up in an itty-bitty ponytail that doesn't really work cause its too short, so I ended up looking like Doc Brown from Back to the Future; ready to get in shape on my elliptical machine. I think that Jared just about choked on his Coke cause I was so beautiful
I got on the machine, turned the resistance up to about 7 or 8, then immediately put it back down to 1. I huffed and puffed for 10 minutes, and seriously, my chubby legs were burning! How pathetic is that?! I used to be able to go alot longer than that on those machines. How am I ever going to keep up with Jared on the deer hunt?!
So needless to say, don't come over to my house in the evenings or you are bound to witness Doc Brown, scantily clad, huffing and puffing on the elliptical machine!
I have got to get this body back into somewhat of a better shape then LUMPY!
So wish me luck everyone!!


4 comments:
Tooooooo, Toooooo funny,,,,, I think ya look great, but alas your poor body will never be the same,,,,, oh yeah, you can lose weight,, but like you said, its distributed different,,,,,,enjoy it while you can,,,,because after 50,,,, it distributes different even more so,ewwwwwwwwww!!!
Charlee is 8 weeks, I don't even want to talk about weight! That number (the 8 weeks) is getting older and older, my excuse is gone! I might have to dust off my machine too!
I am stopping by just to see the sights at night in your little neighborhood!
rachel
Can you even get more discriptive and right on the money? What the hell is my problem McKinley is 10 months and I can't seem to get the shape of any kind accept round. I wish I lived in your neighborhood so that we could be chubby buddies together and lose some weight. By the way, you do look really good, so don't fret too much.
Misty
Post a Comment