Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Case Lot Sale!!!

I LOVE CASE LOT SALES!!!


I have a new little passion, its called case lot sales. Love them, love them, love them! And, this is soooooo out of character for me, just ask my sister! In the past, I have not been worried about food storage and all that jazz, just always figured that if I could get to my mom's I would be set up. So the end of the world, or a pandemic, or some catastrophe might be coming, cause I am normally not like this......

anyway, I went and shopped Smith's Case Lot sale. (yeah-this is old news) I took the ad with me to work to figure out what I wanted so I would be organized with a list. When I got home from work, I loaded up Jared and Brogan and away we went.

We went the first day of the sale, and they were already out of corn! I was miffed! We loaded up 2 carts, yes I said 2! I have NEVER done that in my entire life! Not even when shopping for a giant camping trip. It was almost a little embarrasing.

When I got up to the cashier, I apologized for all my stuff, and the lifting that I was causing her, she said "Oh, I have seen worse than this!" She didn't realize that Jared and his cart was with me. When he started unloading his goods, she was yelling at him for mixing his stuff with my stuff. He was like "Uhhh, that's my wife, we are together", then I think she realized why I was apologizing.

So, $200 later, and a savings of $136.00 (a 41% savings) we were out the door. The cashier praised me on a what a good shopper I was!
Here is my trunk

Here is the backseat, I have no idea how Brogan fit.


We actually didn't know if all the food, was going to fit in the car (I have giant speakers in my trunk) I had to have some of it under my feet in the front seat!

Here is my GIANT long receipt!

I am so proud of myself so trying to save a few bucks, and get some food in my house. It has been quite nice. Kinda makes you feel a little more at ease.


P.S. the "Big K" brand of cheap pop SUCKS!! Don't get it....ever.....it's not worth the savings!!


Long live the case lot sales!!

5 comments:

Family of ARTISTS said...

I'm going to have to hire you to do my case lot shopping for me, because I have no clue in what to get

Jenny said...

I have had two shopping carts and a "dolley" (don't know if that is what they are called.) I put all the cases on the dolly and quantities of 10 in the cart. Then you should have seen the coupon stack I gave her. They were all really nice but I am sure they don't want to see me in their line again. Congrats on 41% that is awesome. I agree with you on the big k brand.

Rachel said...

nice job sis! I knew your instincts would kick in! Now, we just gotta have our boys kill us some meat, well, just kidding, I forgot you have 2 freezers and they are both full!

Rachel said...

by the way, I looked at your friend Kat's photo blog - she does a great job!!! I love her pictures.

Anonymous said...

You make me smile,,Those that know you best are saying,"who woulda thunk?"
Anyway, good job,,,,, now if i can make it to your house, i know i won't starve.