Friday, September 5, 2008

Daddy Day Care

We have a new routine at our house these days....its called.....
Daddy Day Care!!
Yep, you read it right, Jared is now watching kids! You are probably wondering how this came about. Here's the story...
THE REAL ESTATE MARKET SUCKS!!!!!
that's the base of it all! Jared does real estate and the market is not prime for making loads of money, and since I cut down to 4 days a week instead of 5 (out of sheer mommy selfishness) the bankroll is getting a little snug. We have some good friends that were having trouble with their current baby-sitting situation, so Jared stepped up to the plate and he is doing it now.
So the day goes like this: (using other names so their mom and dad doesn't get mad)
Jane is dropped off at 7:30 am
while her big brother Shane gets on the bus at his own house for school.
then at 12:30 Jared takes Jane to Kindergarten
then at 2:15 picks Shane up from school
then at 3:30 picks Jane up from school
at 5:45 their mom picks them up from our house.
Now keep in mind, Modays are all screwed up because of the wonderful "early-out" concept. I can't keep that schedule straight yet. Since when do kids get an "early-out" day? I don't think we got one, plus I swear we went to school until about 3:30 or 4:00! Kids these days.....
It seems to be working fine, I haven't been home yet to see how it all goes down, but Jared said as long as Brogan will cooperate with this it turns out pretty good.
So, definately some changes at our house, but it is ok cause Shane and Jane are pretty good kids!
As I left this morning I was telling Jared goodbye and that I love him. Well, Jane was at the table eating cereal and said, "Love you Tori, have a good day!" So they are cute kids!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds VERY busy at your house,,,,,but Jared will do great, he is wonderful with kids,,, I would trust my kid with him,,,,wait,,,,,,, my kid IS with him,,,,now, i am sitting here giggling because i think i am way funny,,,,, just a weird sense of humor i guess.