Thursday, November 12, 2009

CMA's

Last night we watched the CMA's. Oh, how music awards shows makes me happy. I heart them!

We missed the first part, due to homework. Priorities, priorities.

I have a few comments on the show......

--- Since when did Billy Currington have a chicken-eye? Jared said he has noticed it for a long time. I have NEVER noticed it. I guess I was always suckered by swimming in his dimples, but last night, I noticed that chicken-eye! I couldn't look away, but yet I cringed when looking at it.

---You know the old saying, "white boys can't dance"? Well last night Carrie Underwood changed that to "white chicks can't dance". Disclaimer: I don't like her. To me, she screams instead of sings, but she is way popular. I was happy to realize that she is not perfect. The girl can't dance. Somewhere, God blessed those dancing skills to someone a little less 'perfect'--gotta even out the playing field.....

---I love Sugarland, I thought Jennifer Nettles (the main singer) dress was gorgeous, and she is so tall and statuesque. She has an amazing voice. But, do you think she looks like she has had a nose job?

---Tim McGraw--totally looked stoned. Squinty eyes.....started his song at the wrong time. But, it's ok. I will take a stoned Tim--we could eat pumpkin pie together.

---Reba. In the past she has not been a favorite of mine. But that women can sing! She has an amazingly strong voice, and she never faltered once! I also now think that all red heads should wear vibrant blue shirts.

---Lady Antebellum. LOVE them. L.O.V.E. kind of love! Love the chick, love the guy that looks like Ryan Gossling, love the other guy. Love their voices, love the song that they sang. Love that Taylor (my daughter, not Swift) sang along, just belting out the tunes along with them.

---Taylor Swift: acts 15, so the song is perfect. No really, I think she needs to show more longevity before she claims the title of 'Entertainer of the Year'. She is a gorgeous girl, that has an awesome market of 15 year olds--smart girl.

--- Jamey Johnson. Oh boy! He needs a shower and a shave. He sang with Kid Rock--whom I secretly have a white-trash crush on. He is so hot to me, in a 'white trash-get down in a trailer park-dirty' sort of a way......

---Martina McBride/George Strait doing a tribute to Barbara Mandrell.....awesome! They sounded so good, and I think that I want to put peanuts in my Coke now. "Cause I was country, when country wasn't cooool...." Do I use salted or unsalted?

---Last comment. Where the hell was Gary Allan??? Did he piss off the CMA officials like Toby Keith or what?

3 comments:

mom said...

Your dad said,"you should use RC cola(not sure they make it anymore) and Planters salted peanuts."THEN your country!!
I agree with the Taylor Swift thing,,,,she should not have gotten entertainer of the year, but I so disagree with the Carrie Underwood thing,,,,I thought she sang, (i missed the dancing) very well.

Rachel said...

you crack me up
thanks for the low down since I did not watch it, obviously

chicken eye? what the heck is a chicken eye? I suppose i have been to entranced with his 'gonna have a party' voice that I never thought of him with whatever a chicken eye is

taylor swift got entertainer of the year!?!?!??!

don't know Lady Antebellum. I better check that one out, you know, antebellem period is civil war period!

Love sugarland too, never seen the girl

sorry there was no Gary!!

LeEllen said...

I agree, Sugarland is the best!