Thursday, November 5, 2009

Nascar Grandpa

Lat Sunday, I somehow got Taylor to watch the Nascar race with me.

Yes, Jared has converted me.

Everyone in Jared's family has picked a driver and we have a little bet/competition that goes on. Taylor decided to pick a car. She picked the #12 car--David Stremme. She could not get the pronunciation of Stremme down, so she has lovingly renamed him David Stringy.

Anyway, we are watching the race and cheering on our drivers while eating Dorito nachos and sharing a Diet Coke. The neighbor girl, Tylee, came over to play. Taylor was actually getting into the race and wanted to finish watching it.

Then, Ryan Newman had his way bad accident. The girls were discussing the wreck, and I tried to explain to them how safe they make the race cars and such. Tylee asked Taylor if her dad had ever wrecked in his race car. She told him about the time he went flying off the race track.

Then Taylor proceeds to tell Tylee that 'her grandpa invented race cars' with such conviction and enthusiasm. Tylee gave her a look, and said, "invented? ummm, do you know what it means to invent something? That it never existed and then you think of it and then it exists."

Taylor replied, "Uh, yeah. I know what it means to invent something and my grandpa invented race cars!"

Tylee gave her an incredulous look.

Next, Taylor tells her, "yeah, he really did. And if my Dad's race car breaks down, my grandpa can fix it in no time flat!"

I just giggled and didn't say a word. I love that Taylor thinks that her grandpa invented race cars.

If you think about it, he did invent race cars--for our family at least.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jack could have, and if his little girl wants to think he did - so be it!

love the new blog, super fun and actually quite interesting. I think I will learn quite a bit from you.

sis

mom said...

Ahhh, Thats so cool,,,and yes I agree to whoever that last post was from,,,,if she wants to think that, so be it.
Aren't grandpas wonderful.

TORI said...

That last post was from Rachel--my sis

Julie L said...

Lots of wisdom in those words! Go Grandpas!!!!! - Julie