Thursday, January 21, 2010

Ice Fishing

Last Sunday we decided to go ice fishing up to Scofield. We needed a day to get out of the smog, enjoy some clean air, and some good friends.

We went with Dan and Candice, Alex, John, and Jared, me, and the kiddos.

It was a gorgeous day on the ice. This was Taylor's first time ice fishing. She has been hounding Jared about going since before Christmas. It is a form of fishing, so naturally the little girl loved it!

She impresses me with her patience, she has a lot for an 8 year old. She is good with baiting her own hooks, and got the hang of ice-fishing pretty quickly.


This is Alex and the biggest catch of the day. We caught quite a few, but not alot of them were "keepers".


Taylor spent alot of time with Alex and John, fishing with them in their holes. I giggle when I think of what the conversations were like over there. But both of them are so good with kids and made her feel right at home.


My snowman.......









Taylor putting a little one back....





It was a perfect day for ice-fishing.......



John and Alex



The little boy had to get a nap eventually. We moved spots about halfway through our day, and luckily he fell asleep on the 4 wheeler ride and we were able to lay him down in the sled for a nap.



Dan and Candice outside the shack.



My patient little girl.



My not-so-patient little boy.


I was very nervous to take Brogan with us. We almost stayed home. He did make my heart jump a few times around the holes, but he finally learned to leave them alone. He was a good boy for the most part. This age is hard to know when their toes get too cold. He did good, until the last little bit----then he was done and he was letting us all know he was done! Once, we got back to truck and warmed up he was back to his little dancing self.

I promise that I was there--the pictures speak otherwise. Jared is not so good and picking up the camera--but I still love him!
I am so glad that I decided to go rather than stay home. It was such a fun time with my little family and good friends!!

2 comments:

Julie L said...

What a perfect day to go out on the ice! Love the blue skies and bright snow! Oh, this makes me homesick for fishing. It's been forever since we've been out. And fresh trout? That's the best fish in the world. I've yet to find trout anywhere that compares. In fact, I've quit trying. If it didn't get pulled in by us, it doesn't come to our plate, pure and simple! I am very impressed with Taylor's love for the sport.

Rachel said...

that picture of Bobo in the sled is priceless! I am glad you went and had a great time. Taylor will remember it for the rest of her life.