Hi, My name is Tori and I am going gray.
There, I said it. It's out. The world knows.
I am very disturbed by this changing of my hair color. First, I am soooooo not old enough to be going gray. I may be 30, but I still feel about 22. The location of said gray hairs, happen to be right on top of my head. Not the best place, if you ask me.
I informed Jared of this disheartening news, and he giggled, and giggled. I didn't really see the humor.
He then informed me that if I color my hair then he gets to shave his head.
He is going bald--barely. I am completely ok with this. I think that he still has great hair--at least his is a normal color. He struggles with his thinning hair. I know that eventually he will shave his head, since Jason did and Mike does due to baldness. But not now!!
So, I am asking you all to comment to let Jared know that me coloring my hair and him shaving his head is not a fair trade. I will not dye my hair funky colors or do anything crazy--just cover the gray!!
Please help me!
Paul and Tamara
13 years ago


4 comments:
Tell Jared,its sad but true, there IS a double standard here. Men can go gray,and everyone accepts it, they call it salt and pepper, and "oh, he is aging so gracefully",,,On the other hand, when a woman goes gray, it is not really that acceptable (especially at such an early age), they wonder WHY she has not bothered to color it, and "she would look so much better/younger if she would only color her hair."
And its hereditary, I started coloring my hair when I was in my 20's, for the exact same reason, it was going gray, right on the crown of my head.
And he should enjoy his hair while he has it,,,,(I do love bald men), but they don't really have the hassle of fixing it every day like we do.
ok, TOTALLY different. because you'll just, like you mentioned, color it naturally - without funky colors!! i don't think it is easy to tell when people color their hair (ok, some it is way obvious), but shaving your head, that is a drastic change. ps, jared, i hope we are still friends! and tori, i love you! i am in the same boat. gray hairs, it is so bad, and yes, right on top of my head too!!
Well if he is up for the high maintenance hairdo then I guess he can do it but it sure seems like a lot of work to shave everyday (oh wait, it really is...)He just doesn't seem like the type to be high maintenance.
As for Tori's hair coloring...unless if its noticeable from a bit of a distance instead of you looking at(for) them in the mirror then don't do it til there are lots more. So next year or something. :)
or you could just threaten him with you shaving your head too! It really is the easiest hairdo ever..just a dab of gel and you're set.
Jared, listen to me. Don't do it man. Keep those beautiful locks for as long as possible. You have great hair, show it off. Keep it.
Tori, smile. So sorry about the gray, I am in the same boat. I found one the other day on my way to a meeting. Jones got out my eyeliner and colored it for me. So funny to me - eyeliner.
Anyway, not a fair trade at all. Be understanding Jared . . . please!
RAchel
Post a Comment