Monday, January 4, 2010

Hello 2010!!

Well, hello 2010--will you be my friend?

Last year I picked a word to help "guide" me through the year. My word was conscious. I liked it. I think that I did a pretty good job.

I now have alot of food storage.
We have save some money, have been able to buy a few new things.
I haven't lost tons of weight, stilll a work in progress.
I have been better at ignoring the incidentals of life and spend more time quality time with my kids.

For 2010 my guidance word is going to be NEW.

I know that is a very broad word and could encompass alot of different aspects of life.

I will enlighten you to my meaning of NEW for 2010.

I want to experience NEW things. If a situation presents itself for trying something NEW, then I owe it to myself to consider it.

I want to try NEW foods that I have never had before.
I want to go to NEW places and discover them for myself.
I want to achieve NEW goals for myself that I have never attempted.
I want to do NEW things that I have never tried--either for fear or lack of opportunities.

Over this past year, I have learned that life is short. You never know when you could lose someone or be lost yourself, so live it up. We all might as well experience life while we are here, so we don't look back with regrets.

So here's to a NEW year filled with NEW experiences and a reNEWed sense of self.

3 comments:

Julie L said...

Love that idea of selecting one word for the year. Great post!

Sharon and Tammy said...

Tori, there are a lot of NEW things for you to experience with a trip to South Dakota! We would love to have a visitor to take around to all the great places here!!!
Your SD Cousin

Kate said...

sooo....I love that you are rockin the North Sevier colors for the new year! Go Wolves!

snicker....lol. I like the word a year thing....mine is cookbook. because I am going to write one!