Apparently, my sister and I are definately cut from the same fabric. I giggled when I read her post this morning.....
So, here is my story....
We have been doing a fan-dangled diet, which consists of NO sugar, NO carbs, pretty much NO caffeine (can you smell disaster yet?). I did this diet about 6 months after having Brogan and I lost 11 lbs and it has stayed off to this day. I was quite happy with my results last time.
That brings us to the now.....
I am not happy. I have deprived my body of everything yummy for the past 11 days, what do I have to show for it ---nada--well, a witchy attitude. I have followed the diet pretty much to a T, with nothing happening on the scales to keep me motivated.
There have been a few key factors that has made it quite hard this time:
1.) Jared has been working out of town the whole time, he just got back last night.
2.) Aunt Flo arrived about the time Jared did, always perfect timing.
3.) I am a ravenous pig just prior to Aunt Flo's arrival.
4.) Aunt Flo brings her two brats---"hormones" and "bloating".
Do you see where I am going with this? Complete and utter disaster has been at a slow simmer at my house all week!!!
Well, it finally boiled over last night!
Life should not make me starve myself of all things comfy and yummy to eat, while being a single mom for almost two weeks, with no num-nums from the hubby, or chocolate to temporarily replace the num-nums, while the parade of hormonal fun that precedes Aunt Flo is coarsing through my veins like poison...........do you see where this is going???
No, I did not go hog-wild and eat a whole loaf of bread covered in chocolate syrup!!
I did eat a bun on my grilled chicken sandwich, a few french fries, and a normal Diet Coke (I have been sequestered to drink caffeine free). I think that I kept it to a good minimum--then again the hubby was finally home......
I am hoping that after I pee out all of my pre-mother-natures-curse-on-women water that my body has been storing for some unknown reason, that the numbers on the scale might drop a little bit. And after my uterus goes back to the size of a normal person, I swear that damn thing gains 5 lbs itself, I might feel somewhat normal.
Wish me luck!
I just bought two new swimsuits for my next vacation, and if something doesn't happen soon, you will not have the joy of seeing the pictures. Oh, I will still wear the suits, I figure no one knows me, nor will ever see my white dimply backside again--so why not? You just won't have to be tortured by it.
Thursday, January 14, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


6 comments:
ha ha hee hee snort snicker
hee hee ho ho giggle giggle pah
mr brown can moo, how about you?
That is not meant in a cow context, just a Dr Suess rhyming thing that made me giggle
diets are bad!!
so is depriving yourself of anything!
just eat whatever you want. just do it in MODERATION. dont eat the entire quart of ice cream, just eat a pint :)
believe me! it works. otherwise I would have never survived French culinary school.
I laughed and laughed! Hang in there, Tori. The problem is your body realizes you really DO NOT HAVE ANY WEIGHT TO LOSE! Just do some tone ups and forget the diet, lady! You are gorgeous just the way you are.
yeah, what Mom L said!
Post a Comment