I can honestly say that I am so excited for this year to go out the door.
Out with the old, crappy, sad, overwhelming, can't take it anymore year, and in with the new shiny, please be better year!
2009 has been a tough year for my family.
It started off when we had to bury our sweet niece Shelbi. I can not imagine the emotions of losing a child. Rian and MeLea are an inspiration.
My mother-in-law, Marsha, had a knee surgery done at the end of 2008. Well, come to find out it was a botched job. The hardware they put in was too big for her joint, so she could never heal properly. She had a year of horrible knee/leg pain, very painful physical therapy due to the non-healing, blood clots in her leg and lungs, and infection. You name it--she got it. She is an amazingly strong women who smiled through so much pain. She has just had her knee replaced (again) and already feels a million times better. You go Mama!!
Then there was the passing of Jason, Jared's brother and best friend. Words can not describe how this has affected our family. Brenda, Jason's wife, amazes me every day. How she can hold together her household and career is awesome. We have all learned to hold on to each other and lean on each other when a bad day comes along, and help hold each other up when someone else is having a bad day. I am lucky enough to be part of a family that is so strong and loving.
In October, my father-in law, Jack, had a heart attack. Talk about scary!! Luckily, it had a better outcome than most people. He was able to get some stents placed in his heart, and is doing fine. Our world was pretty rocked. Jack is the strength of our family, and we all rely on his wisdom and love so much. Trying to imagine life without him is incomprehendable. So Dad, you better take care of yourself!!
The end of November sweet Grandma Great passed away. This was bittersweet. She had lived a great life and was such a great example of how a wife, mother, and friend should be. She truly missed her sweetheart and it is comforting to know that they are finally back together again.
These are the big things that happened in our life this year. There are more. Cancer diagnoses. More deaths. Unseen repercussions from Jason's death. Divorce. The list goes on.....
I know that I need to look back at all the wonderful things in 2009.
Jared and I have 2 beautiful children.
We are all healthy.
We are surrounded by friends and family that love and support us.
My side of the family has been safe and sound. I kept telling them to wrap themselves in bubble-wrap just to make me feel better.
Sweet, cute Kiana was born.
MeLea is pregnant again.
Cute little Emmitt was born.
Kendal is doing so good.
Gladly, this list goes on too....
I am very thankful for the people that I do have in my life and how supportive you all are. Thank you so much for listening, crying with us, laughing with us, loving us, and most of all just being a part of our lives.
I look at this next year with such optimism. I am excited to experience what 2010 has to offer. I know that things will happen that I will not like, that is life, but I am ready to ring in the new year!
Here's to 2010!!!
Paul and Tamara
13 years ago


2 comments:
This is a touching tribute. I'm with you in hoping for a brighter 2010, but my heart continues to go out to you and your family for all the challenges you've faced during '09. Happy New Year!
bring on the bubble wrap!
Thanks for including us in the good things that happened list
Hopefully we can stay on that list - bring on the bubble wrap!
glad this rough year for you is gone and over
Post a Comment