Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Trimming the Tree

We put up our Christmas tree the first part of December. That is a bit early for me, but Jared was leaving town, and I wanted to have it be a family event.

First, we had to have dinner and get all that over with. Taylor was such a good girl and cleared everyones plates. She asked what else she could do to help. So I had her take all of Brogans toys that were in the living room up to his bedroom. I couldn't believe how helpful she was being, and all with a smile on her face. I asked her why and she replied, "Cause Santa is watching!"

I thought that was pretty funny. Kids forget to remember that Santa watches all year, not just during December.

Brogan had fun playing with the silver beads. He got them in some pretty good knots!


I bought quite a bit of new Christmas tree decorations this year. I needed a bit more sparkle to our tree. I failed to realize that when you buy ornaments, they don't come with the little hangy things. So I had to go dig through my dust covered "craft" stuff and luckily found some wire to use.



Taylor just loves Christmas! I think it is her favorite holiday.




Hate this picture, but proof that I was there....


Dad and the kids......



Oh so cute!!


I think our tree is pretty cute this year! I am happy with it. It would be nice if Brogan would leave it alone and look with his eyes and not fingers.
Little side note: Notice the wooden reindeer by the tree in some of the upper photos--well my dad made it for me several years ago. I just love him! But, if you ask Brogan, it is a COW. I can not convince him otherwise. He loves to take his eyes, ears, and tail out and hide them from me. But in case of any confusion--this year we have a Christmas Cow by our tree!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

those pictures are great, whatever setting you used it sure makes you see the sparkle!!
Your tree is gorgeous too, very festive!
I love the Christmas Cow, that is so great. Our Angus is on the front porch, and needs a new antler on one side, poor little 2 point!
rachel

Julie L said...

Beautiful tree. I laughed at Brogan with all the beads hanging round his neck. He doesn't need Christmas - he needs a Mardi Gras!