Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Thanksgiving Part 2

After pigging out at my in-laws we drove over to my Moms house to see everyone.

More laziness and visiting ensued.

My brother Glen thinks he is way taller than me, and he is not. We have a height war every time we see each other, which sadly, is not often enough. I really, truly think that he is shrinking...cause he once was taller, and I know that I am not growing anymore (I hope).

Here we are together, my sis Rachel, my bro Glen and me.

Love these peeps.


He tries very hard to inconspicuously look taller for our pictures together.......


But my peripheral vision kicks in and I notice, then we poke him and rib him and he shrinks again.


Then we have a true Kodak moment......

I have no idea why we all look like such goons or what was going on, but my mom caught it in its finest. I wouldn't have posted this picture due to what my eyeballs are choosing to do, but Glens face is priceless!


Then there are the kids......

What a great bunch of kids our family has! They are all so much fun in all their different ways.....
.....it is impossible to get them all to look normal at the same time, so its just easier to do a "silly" picture.

The kids had a great time playing together and going on "adventures". At one point I had to go retrieve Kendal and Brogan off the hill. They were halfway up when I realized where they were. Brogan was about to faceplant it in a cactus. He hasn't learned the lesson that cactus has to offer yet, and as his momma I am happy to let that lesson wait a little longer.

When I went to get them, Kendal proudly told me she was 5 and could climb the hill. I told her that yes she could, but Brogan is 2 and can not. She was not very happy with me, well neither was he. He screamed the whole way down!


After freezing in the snow, the kids snuggled up and watched Cars together.


I had a great time with my family for the short time we were together. Matt had to go back to work so I never saw him. It was fun to hang around the kids and watch them play.

We may be a "different" family, but that is ok. They are all MY family and love everyone so much! We embrace the fact that we are different or weird by most peoples standards, but I think that we are perfect!

2 comments:

mom said...

Us? different or weird?? All you gotta do is look at that one pic of you,Glen, and Rach, to know we are a perfectly normal, average family. lololol

That pic made me laugh hard tho.

Rachel said...

I am glad Kendal has an aunt that cares, because that day her momma didn't care! Thanks!

Cute pictures, i love them. I love jabbing Glen in the ribs with you too!