Which one do you prefer?
Elk or Deer
not to eat---to look at....
Elk or Deer
not to eat---to look at....
Jared and I had a conversation last night discussing which is more beautiful--elk or deer. I prefer the majestic, strong elk. He thinks that the deer--looks to me like a bloated goat with antlers--is more beautiful.
So, I was wondering, which is more appealing to your eyes? And no, I am not talking about which one tastes better, which one is easier to hunt, or any of that. We are going strictly off looks. I have provided you with some pictures to help make up your mind.
Please take the poll the the right and lets see who wins! Tori and her gorgeous elk or Jared and his ugly, mousy brown deer. (I am not trying to sway you...)





6 comments:
I cast my vote,,,,and I agree with you,,,, The elk is more majestic,,, more awesome to look at.
Funny, but it depends on where I am. In a stand of quakies i like deer. Last time I went elk hunting I hiked to the bottom of a draw. I saw this 7 point bull elk (spike only, couldn't shoot). Pretty thick pine all around. Probably one of the sweetest things I have seen with my own eyes. It was bugling and its antlers reached a good foot past its rump.
ELK ELK ELK ELK ELK ELK ELK ELK ELK ELK ELK ELK ELK ELK ELK ELK ELK ELK ELK ELK ELK ELK ELK ELK.....oh, and ELK!
Instantly I knew that it was ELK! I have no idea how to hunt it, kill it, cut it, chew it, eat it, but I love how huge and beautiful they are! Deer seem so tiny compared to a ELK! Elk's have better color too.
I say Elk right off the bat, however, I will have to agree with Courtney too. I love seeing a big buck jumping and really showing his stuff, but I also LOVE to see a big herd of elk feeding and gracefully meandering. If you find a nice buck, the colors are usually pretty awesome. THe brown of an elk is beautiful though. Good debate.
-Misty
I gotta agree with you Tori, the elk is very majestic. Did you know that on the 30th of Sept. someone from Idaho shot and broke the world record on the biggest elk. From what I understand his spread was something like 500 pts. The old world record was 445 pts. whatever that means. I think you can look him up on mossback.com the elk that is.
Post a Comment