This post is a "shout-out" to all the single moms and moms whos husbands are gone alot.
Jared has been gone hunting this weekend, and I have been home with Taylor and Brogan. It has been a great weekend, and both kids have been extremely happy and well-behaved, but single momhood is freakin' hard!
By the time 9:00 pm rolls around, I am bushed! I fell asleep with Taylor on the couch last night watching Nemo. She thought it was pretty funny. We have done a lot of stuff this weekend, and I will post pictures soon, so we have been busy.
Brogan is at that screaming stage, where he has found his little (loud) voice and isn't afraid to use it. It is a happy scream, but a scream no less. Then on top of that, Taylor is singing "oh my darlin', oh my darlin', oh my darlin' Clementine..." at the top of her lungs. And when she hits the 'tine' part of Clementine, she is so high pitched that her voice squeaks. At one point last night, it was binkie for Brogan and movie for Taylor.
Keeping two kids happy and fed, plus trying to keep up with the house, is tiring. I have always appreciated Jared and everything that he does, but I appreciate him even more. I am ready for him to come home. Kudos to all the single mothers out there.
On a political note:
Taylor asked me who I was going to vote for, and I asked her who she liked best. She said the black guy "cause he is kinda cute". I explained to her that this is not a beauty contest and told her a few things about Obama, at least what a 7 year old can understand, and she now is a McCain fan.
She said, "Tonight I am going to pray to God that the white guy wins, and that the black guy will move to a different country". Hey, maybe I could go into politics, cause it was pretty easy to sway a 7 year old and I am afraid that too many people in this country have the mindset/maturity level of a 7 year old!
Paul and Tamara
13 years ago


4 comments:
I know what you mean. I don't know how women can do it on their own. They are superheros.
Again, I say "welcome to motherhood"
It's hard being a mom, or dad for that matter,,,,those lil angels just make ya tired,, thats why the young have kids!!
And who would have ever thunk Tori would fall asleep at 9:00 pm.
LOL LOL
I love Taylor and maybe you SHOULD go help McCain campaign!
Kudos to single moms everywhere!!!
Taylor, I am not sure that your prayer will be answered exactly how you would like it to be. But I will pray with you just the same!
I put my kids to bed at 8 pm just to start my cool down process!
Post a Comment