Friday, October 17, 2008

Through the eyes of my child...

I have noticed some changes in Brogan lately. I don't know if he is just growing up so fast or what. But he looks at me differently.....

I am not sure what it is.

He seems to see me, you know, ME.

It seems he is looking past the "mommy who supplies food, and diaper changes, and bed-time loves" and sees the person that I am. He watches me more intently and seems more interested in me. There is something more there.....

I feel like I can see him too, through his little brown eyes. Like he has lowered a veil into his little soul and now I can see the person that he is. I can see his little quirks, and the parts that make him Brogan. And it is so interesting to me....

The other night we just laid on my bed looking at each other. It was so simple and sweet.... he cooed and squeaked at me.....I asked him questions about who he is inside....and we just watched each other. There is a common understanding there.

He knows I am more than his personal utility truck; he knows that he is my whole world.

I know that he is his own unique person, but who needs me for so much more than the daily needs of a baby.

I am hoping that we can have a great relationship as he grows up. That the understanding can be there, and acceptance that we are two separate souls linked together, bound by something stronger than can be imagined.

He is more than my baby boy, and I am more than his mom.....

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Wow, I hope that I can comment thru my tears.
No one really understands the connection between a mother and child until they become a mother.
People can tell you, but a person really has to experience it,,,,, welcome to motherhood My Tori,,,,, its simply "the best".

Jenny said...

Tori, I swear you have multiple personalities! One min. you are talking about the "VI" and the next min. you verse poetry for us! That was beautifuly written, straight from your soul absolutely beautiful.

Rachel said...

so sweet
I couldn't comment the first time I read it and I can't seem to say much now either

MiStY said...

I agree with Jenny. You just keep coming up with surprises. And now the blog after your precious story is you eating a you know what???

Isn't it cool how you can communicate and touch one another without actual words or contact. Children definitely are unconditional lovers and accepters. You are a special mother that is for sure and Brogan is a lucky pup that's all I know. You've waited a long time to become the person he needs in his life and visa versa. Now do you remember all the words of advice that everyone gave while you were prego? "Just wait they are so worth it" This is what we meant. Congrats!