Monday, October 13, 2008

Open Mouth - Insert Food

Why do people have to open their own mouth when spoon feeding a baby?

Really? Do you do it? Do you do it and not even know, just like my sweet husband?

The other night he was feeding Brogan and didn't even realize that he was opening his own mouth with every bite until I couldn't control my giggling as I was doing the dishes. It's just too funny watch!

This weekend we spent alot of time at my sister-in-laws home and she did the same thing! Totally cracked me up, although I didn't say anything!

I am proud to say that I do not do this! I am perfectly capable of controlling my own mouth while feeding my baby. Does that make me a bad mom? Am I supposed to make a spectacle of myself for Brogan's sake? Does it cue him to open his little mouth?

So do you open your mouth when you feed a baby? If so, I will giggle at you!!

7 comments:

MiStY said...

I know I open my mouth. Giggle away! My hell, I can't even listen to someone talk without almost mouthing the words with them anymore. I think after you subconsciously do it for so long you're ruined. I think that when I feed McKinley that if I make nummy nummy noises that she won't spit the crap out, but instead I think she spits it out cuz she's laughing at me. I think it can totally be done without looking like a belnap> Congrats you win the prize!

Kellee and Courtney said...

I open my mouth when I feed my kids. I recognized this with my first and thought about stopping. She just didn't eat as well so I thought it was kind of like being a good example to show them what they are supposed to do. Kind of like letting my boys watch me pee so they know how the tools are supposed to work.

Rachel said...

me - no way!
Matt - yes, very much and it causes me to giggle too

Rachel said...

courtney, what a great dad you are!!

Anonymous said...

I have noticed that i do it with the grandkids,, I try not to,,but if i don't really think about it,, i do,,,, too funny!!!

Anonymous said...

And congrats on the weight loss,,,,WAY TO GO!!!

Anonymous said...

I am an Esme,Now why does that not surprise me??