This weekend was the deer hunt. We went up to Soapstone to camp and go hunting. This is the first year that I have had a tag to hunt, so the men were very patient with me. The picture above was opening morning as the sun came up. It is Jared with his friend Troy. We were out on a little point that overlooked good spots on both sides. All were saw were a few doe. Since we all have colds and were sniffling our snot, I am not surprised that we didn't see much! Saturday night, we went to a different spot, and I saw this 2 point. He looked bigger in my bino's and scope. Jared had went for a little hike and was not there, Troy was sleeping! So I whacked him and woke him up cause I needed help. I balanced my gun in the window hole on the truck.
I shot him once and he humped up. I ejected the shell and loaded it again. I was starting to shake a little bit--it gets your adrenaline going! I pulled up to take the next shot and I was shaking bad and I couldn't breathe calmly. So I asked Troy to shoot him, and then he just fell over.
He only had one hole in him, so I think that I either missed or just grazed him. But the boys were nice, and said that I "could have hit him and Troy missed". Ummmm... I don't think so. I suck at shooting, I close my eyes, and I know that I jerk, and I have never shot anything at that distance. But hey, we'll just call him mine. Plus, Troy didn't want to tag such a little guy! I don't care--it was fun, and now I have some meat to eat!!
So here he is!!
Jared came over after he heard the gun shots. He helped me gut the deer, cause I wanted to do it on my own. Just a personal rule of mine--if you shoot you better be ready to take care of it.
So these pictures are kinda gross--just warning ya!
This is me slitting the skin up its belly. I was so careful and didn't puncture the guts.
This is me with both arms in his body, trying to pull the windpipe out with the lungs and heart. It's way hard to get that out. I was jerking and jerking, Jared had to hold his front legs for me, so I could get it.
Ok, this is a grody picture, but I wanted to do it! So here I am about to take a bite out of its heart!
I had a great time hunting and I learned alot. Jared is bummed that he wasn't there for the shot, but its ok. Meanwhile, my sweet boy was at the babysitters with a cold/ear infection and was fussy and didn't sleep much. Needless to say, Travis, the husband, said he is going to go get a vasectomy cause he now knows that he is definately done having kids!


10 comments:
All i can say is "EWWWWWWWW YUCK"
Glad ya had fun,,,, not my thing, but each to thier own!
Wooohooo way to go Tori. Not a bad looking buck. The pic with you trying out that heart is quite freaky the way yur eyes turned red. Great job.
maybe you are more like Esme than you thought!
OH MY HELL!! Did you really eat that heart? I have known you to do some funky stuff, but are you for real? I'm gonna have to reevaluate some things now...like your sanity!!!!!
I am with buttons on the TO EACH THEIR OWN. NOT my thing, nor is the meat for that matter. Good for you for doing all the nasty work. HOW IS BLOODY HEART ANYWAY?
I did not eat the heart! I am not that disgusting! Plus, my brother in law loves cooked heart so I took it to him.
WOW, you are such the girl! Love it! I am so proud of you, good job. And gutting it yourself, men would be proud to now that their are woman out there like you, you tough cookie you! You look great too! Says a lot when a female looks sexy in hunting gear!
Congrats. We weren't so lucky. Only saw one buck, it was pretty nice sized, but my brother got overly excited on his first hunt and missed by a mile. One of these days I will be as good a hunter as you.
Hooray for Tori!! I am jealous I think it would be fun to gut a deer. All that blood and guts and stuff- YUMMY!! By the way that coat and beanie lood good!!!
You are hardcore! I don't know if I could ever stomach hunting... but it looks like you found a new hobby! Hope things are going well for you.
Post a Comment