Our house is never boring. That is a true statement. There is always something going on that I can find humor in....
.....last Monday was no exception.
Jared traded my 4-wheeler for a snowmobile. It was good, cause I never rode it. I would rather ride with him, and now what am I supposed to do with a baby on a 4-wheeler--the two don't mix well. So he traded it.
The snowmobile was a pretty good one. The guy hadn't rode it in awhile, but it ran. Just needed a little TLC. So last Monday, Jared decided to show some love to the snowmobile.
He was out there puttering away. I had to come "assist" him a few times. Brogan was asleep in his room and I was perusing the internet. He was letting it run and revving it up and all that manly stuff. He knew that there was an issue with the carburators and he was going to tear it apart to see what was up. He had gotten some advice to just do some other manly things to it (I have no idea what he was doing, seriously, it's all over my head)
Then I hear a big BANG, it had backfired. I thought to myself, "self, I hope he is ok...that was really loud.....oh, I am such a worry wart, if I go out there he will think I am too protective.....well its still running so he must be ok.....if it dies then I will check.....oh crap, the engine died...(me peering out the window to secretly check on him)...can't see shit....
(Cue Jared)
He comes rushing in the house and yells,
WHERES THE FIRE EXTINGUISHER?!?!?!
me: are you serious?
Jared: YES I AM *$#@!ing SERIOUS!!
me: ummmm....there is one in the camp trailer....I think...
And off he goes! I went out there expecting a little smolder, you know some smoking wires, maybe a little melted plastic. Oh no,
THIS IS WHAT I GOT!!
.....last Monday was no exception.
Jared traded my 4-wheeler for a snowmobile. It was good, cause I never rode it. I would rather ride with him, and now what am I supposed to do with a baby on a 4-wheeler--the two don't mix well. So he traded it.
The snowmobile was a pretty good one. The guy hadn't rode it in awhile, but it ran. Just needed a little TLC. So last Monday, Jared decided to show some love to the snowmobile.
He was out there puttering away. I had to come "assist" him a few times. Brogan was asleep in his room and I was perusing the internet. He was letting it run and revving it up and all that manly stuff. He knew that there was an issue with the carburators and he was going to tear it apart to see what was up. He had gotten some advice to just do some other manly things to it (I have no idea what he was doing, seriously, it's all over my head)
Then I hear a big BANG, it had backfired. I thought to myself, "self, I hope he is ok...that was really loud.....oh, I am such a worry wart, if I go out there he will think I am too protective.....well its still running so he must be ok.....if it dies then I will check.....oh crap, the engine died...(me peering out the window to secretly check on him)...can't see shit....
(Cue Jared)
He comes rushing in the house and yells,
WHERES THE FIRE EXTINGUISHER?!?!?!
me: are you serious?
Jared: YES I AM *$#@!ing SERIOUS!!
me: ummmm....there is one in the camp trailer....I think...
And off he goes! I went out there expecting a little smolder, you know some smoking wires, maybe a little melted plastic. Oh no,
THIS IS WHAT I GOT!!

Maybe not quite this bad, as this is not our snowmobile. Sorry, didn't get a chance to take a picture in the middle of my panic attack! But it was pretty freakin' bad!
So anyway, he is back in a jiffy with the fire extinguisher. I honestly have no idea how he got it that fast. And *poof* he sprays the fire with the white crap.
Yeah didn't really work. I think the fire extinguisher was really old and lost all of its gusto, kinda like drinking a flat Dr. Pepper--doesn't really cut it.
I take off to the neighbors house to the south---not home--CRAP!
I run over to the neighbors house to the north--not home, door locked--SHIT!
But I get the garage door open and *SCORE* there stands a huge fire extinguisher just waiting for me to save the day.
I hand it to Jared, and he pulls the pin--N.O.T.H.I.N.G came out. It was used up.
In the mean time, while I was running all over the neighborhood, Jared had went in the house and got all my flour, like 5 lbs, my tiny box of baking soda out and dumped it on the fire to no avail.
I had asked Jared to get the hose, and he said "You never put water on a gas fire."
Well, we were down to nothing but the freakin' garden hose.
So I looked at him over the flames and smoke and melting snowmobile insides and said, "what now, we got nothin'". (my driveway was on fire too!!)
So he got the hose and sprayed that SOB down.
Luckily, the water put it out.
Luckily, we had just thawed out the hose to fill up the hot tub.
Luckily, the machine didn't blow up.
Luckily, it wasn't in the garage or I would be sleeping over at your house.
Luckily, my husband still has lips and they didn't burn off.
Luckily, we can laugh about it now!!!
After we both decided that we were going to live, and that it was ok, and Jared got done coughing up fire extinguisher white crap, we did damage control.
Here's the things that I can remember that got fried/ruined:
*the tubes that come out of the carburator
*the check valves (they are on the end of the tubes mentioned above)
*the air box has got a nice hole
*the CDI box (I think that is an important thing)
*some of the other random tubes and stuff
*there are some parts that are melted but semi-usable (we will see)
If he only would have followed his gut and checked the carburator. When he pulled it apart, there was a float stuck and that's what caused the whole thing!
So see, even on a nice January Monday afternoon--life is exciting at my house!!


5 comments:
Its a truly sad, but a damn funny story,,,I would have loved to watched it all,,,,like a movie.
Holy crap! I can't believe that not ONE worked!!! (I think I know what you should give your hubby for Valentines day...A BIG freaking fire extinguisher! :) I agree about the flat DP...just doesn't cut it! Thanks for the laugh, I'm glad you are both ok and that you still have a house!
Holy smokes girl! I am glad to say in the nicest way that you do not have to move into my basement! What a crumby deal. I hope Jared can fix it all okay. I got an extinguisher for my wedding 13 years ago, do you think I ought to replace it now? Me too.
Oh my gosh Becky!!! that sounds like something you may have made up for fun.... Sorry it really happened. There are always those "luckily" things about an event like that. Better luck next time. Oh by the way, have you ever heard of a 4-wheeler catching fire? Have you ever heard of another snow mobile catching fire? I have to wonder about your trade..... :o)
Misty
So sorry......So funny! Good Christmas gift idea for your neibors next year!
Post a Comment