Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Who needs potty-training?


I can not believe that I am sharing this story with the internet world..... how bored am I?

Ok, so Brogan has got this whole mobile thing down great. He just army crawls all over the place. And he is all about "seperation anxiety". Which means if you leave him, he will scream and eventually find you.

So, the other night I had to pee.

Really bad.

Doing the pee dance and everything.

So I plop him on my bed, give him my cell phone to play with (which he loves), locked the keypad on it so he doesn't call China or anything (still doing the pee dance).

I go in and do my business, leaving the bathroom door open. Yeah, yeah call me gross but we kinda have an open-door policy at our house.

I look over, cause I can see the edge of my bed from the throne, and there he is!

He ditched the cell phone, and was peering over the side of the bed at me and the pretty, bright red numbers on my alarm clock which lives on the floor.

me thinking *don't fall, don't do it, oh please mommy is peeing*

Then, there he goes. The boy has no fear (understanding) of gravity!

Then, there I go....

yep, me in all my "mommy's gotta save the day" glory!

I take off, pants around my knees still, peeing all over the floor and my pants, cause *hello!* I had to PEE and there was no stopping it mid stream! note to self: do more Kiegels

I barely grabbed his leg, as he hit the floor. He still fell but I think I softened the landing. It scared the shit out of him, he is screaming, and ta-da my bladder was empty.

Needless to say, mommy got to mop the bathroom floor after that, and change her pants.

Oh the joys of motherhood.....

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

When Tori told me this story on the phone,,,I was laughing so hard,,tears were running, and it was hard to breath,,,,Ya just gotta get the mental pic of Tori and her pants around her knees,,,, trying to catch Brogan before he falls,,,, Toooo funny.

Lisa said...

Oh my, that is the FUNNIEST thing I have heard in a long time!! I still can't stop giggling! I will be having a picture of you in my head racing to save Brogan with your pants down to your ankles for a long time.....One tip, beds and crawling babies are bad news :)

Rachel said...

love it love it love it
I love the fact that I am not the only one that needs to work on those darn Kiegals and I love the picture you have put in my head of you peeing all the way to save your sweet little man.
I don't remember when they learn the gravity lesson because Kendal still hasn't gotten that one down yet. Sorry, and good luck with that lesson!

The Sperry's said...

That is way to funny and you are right the joys of motherhood just wait it keeps getting better and then you have more. Maybe you will be blessed with twins next time and see how fun it can really get :) Can't wait till Monday it will be a good day!

Jenny said...

I am tempted to copy, paste, and forward this to a thousand people with the comment on the bottom "forward this to ten people and you will have good luck, if you hit delete, you better start doing more kiegels!"
You are so funny, well I guess I should say honest!