Brogan is growing up so fast. One of the highlights of this is his temper. I am not sure what/why/how he thinks this is necessary at such a young age. I think it would be great if we didn't have to deal with that for like 15 more years.....
yeah, right.....I know.
So, I am here asking for advice...
How do you deal with a 9 month old (almost) that throws temper tantrums?
Honestly, the first time I giggled cause it was funny and I was caught completely off gaurd.
I feel like I can't discipline him, cause he doesn't really even know what the word "no" means yet. He is just barely starting to hear that now that he is crawling all over the place and eating plants and stuff.
I honestly can't spank that cute little bum of his--he has no idea... and he is so tiny still.... and that bum is so cute....
Most of his temper moments have been when he is getting tired.
The other night, I got him out of the tub and he was not happy with that. Which I found funny, cause the whole time in the tub he was trying to crawl out of the tub. Anyway, I layed him on his towel, on my bed, and whoa! He thrust his legs down, straightened out his whole body, threw his arms down and screamed. He did not want to get dried off, lotioned, diaper on, pj's on--nothing!
In all honesty, it was a bit frustrating cause he has never acted like this before. But Jared and I just kind of giggled with our surprise and dried him off, lotioned him, diapered and dressed him.....with him cussing us the whole time.
It has happened a few other times with eating and other activities, and even with the frustration, I am giggling inside. Maybe the giggles come because - yes, I will admit it---this is unknown territory for me.
Please give me some parenting advice.....
Friday, January 30, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
well, welcome to the wonderful life of parent hood. the easiest? thing for us has been to ignore it and let them know that the temper tantrums wont get them what they want. Even at that young of age. Brogan is getting old enough to understand what "no" is to a point. You just have to remember who is boss!
--Laughing just reinforces the action. You'd be surprised at how fast brogan will catch on to it. I know it is hard, but stick to your guns now because the temper tantrums only get worse!!
Post a Comment