Monday, January 5, 2009

Kiegel's!? What's that??

So I have had a killer cold for a few days now. The kind that make you cough and cough and cough, then if you even think of laying flat your body goes into coughing convulsions until you sit up.

Not really fun.

I used to be normal.

But then I gave birth, and had to push for 2.5 hours to get him out.

I am ruined.

I can not cough without leaking a little pee. Well, if my body gives me plenty of notice I can mostly stop the leakage, but if its a full on surprise attack--I have issues.

The trouble is, when I do get the memo of, "Hey lady--your lung is on its way up" my tactics of keeping my urine where it should be is not very becoming.

I have to stop walking, cross my legs, crouch a little, grab my crotch in a Michael Jackson sort of way, then cough. Usually, I can keep it under control. But given the circumstances of my weekend, not really the place to be pulling that vogue look.

So you think, "Ok Tori, wear a pantyliner." Maybe in your world that works, but not mine. My leakage is not a few teeny tiny drops, we're talking a small gush. And I have been coughing ALOT.

Which brings us to medicine. DO NOT buy the cheapo Equate brand of cough syrups! They don't work. I might as well have taken a shot of cherry Kool-aid; same effect but at least it would have tasted better. You gotta go for the gusto and buy the name brand. Only the NyQuil company can make true blue NyQuil. Not something to mess around with, could get ya in trouble around 2 am.

Saturday, the day of the funeral, was the worst day of my cold. After we got home, I put on some comfy clothes to lounge around the house in. Several coughing attacks later, I had to change my pants because of my postpartum "problem". I went through several pairs of pajamas bottoms until I got pissed.

So, here is what I did-- put a size 4 Huggies diaper in my pants, courtesy of Brogan. Worked like a dream. And I was hot to trot, let me tell ya!!

Later that night, I tried the whole 'vicks rub on the feet thing'. Yeah--I call bullshit on that--didn't work!! It did make my feet feel like they were dripping vapory eucalyptus water.

Long story short, the Vicks didn't work, my shot of Kool-aid didn't work, and I was barking like a dog in bed. I decided to go sleep downstairs so at least Jared could get some sleep.

Listen to my hotness.....

Socks on over my Vicks feet.
Gramma panties with a diaper shoved inside.
A robe.
Toting my water bottle, Chloraseptic, and Halls cough drops.
Hair pulled up in a haphazard ponytail.
Smelling like urine and eucalyptus.

I really don't know why Jared didn't race down and jump my bones!

I was smokin' hot!!

So all you post-partum urine leakers, I feel your pain!!

For you 'non-leakers' -- we're not friends--you are off the Christmas list!!

I guess I need to up my Kiegel routine!!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my Hell!!! Too dang funny,,,,,,I do hope you get over your cold soon.
Toooooo funny!

Jeannie said...

So i am the kind of person whom sneezes at least 5 times always and since having kids and my adnoides out i dont really know what they are they jsut took them out when they took my tonsiles. Any way since that and having2 kids and prego again i have to cross my legs and plug ny nose or there is fluid everywhere weither it is from one end or the either. I feel for ya..

Anonymous said...

Tori, I am so sorry. I thought it was just me with the horrible coughing/peeing problem. I hate to say it, but I am glad we are in the same club. I hate to say it because that means you are one of us, but I am glad you joined.

I love the image of Brogan's diaper in your pants, love it. I actually may have to try it if I get a nice cold. As it is with no cold, I have to do the crouch down a little - cross your legs action to keep from making a mess when I cough of sneeze or laugh or smile or frown. Imagine what it would be like with a REAL cold!

I love the drippy feet too, so great.
I am glad I will continue to receive Christmas cards from you!

Rachel

acrane said...

oh my hell you are so funny I think i just about peed my pants reading what you wrote j/k hey welcome to the party and dont even think about jumping on the tramp with our your diapers in place. anyways you are so stinking funny. hope to see ya soon
amanda

Anonymous said...

Well, I am glad it is you and not me! I guess you can take me off the christmas list. after four (4) kids my pee stays where it should until I decide differently. But I really do feel sorry for you, I think it must run in the family, for there are some who can't even make it from home to the grocery store without issues. I still love ya all!! Emiko

Unknown said...

Hey Tori,
After babies Kegels are a part of life. My baby is 3 and I still have to do them, especially when I have a cold. You are not the only one who can't cough and walk at the same time! I've started wearing pads(not liners) in my underwear when I have a cold, since I can't justify buying
diapers anymore. I hope you get better soon. Your Blog is the BOMB! Soooo funnny!

MiStY said...

Ever heard that saying of how you can change from Sugar to Shit in 5.2 seconds? That's you! Your last blog was sweet and full of your sweet heart and then this one is not so sweet, smelled of urine, and was full of truth. Bless your little heart. Sorry I don't entirely feel your pain. Maybe you and Double should swap "post partum" stories.

Family of ARTISTS said...

Just wait till you hit mid thirties, it gets worse. If you have to pee you had better find a potty quick and I mean quick or else. So yes I feel your pain. Maybe we oldies had better start on the keigels too. Love ya. Nikki

Anonymous said...

Just Wait Tori! It gets worse. I never thought about the diaper tho. Hum!!! may have to invest. i LOVE THE WAY YOU DESCRIBE THINGS.. SO ACCURATE.
Aunt Audrey