Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Airplane ride over Kauai

On Thursday we took a little adventure and went flying over the whole island. It was an hour long tour and I loved it! Anyone who knows Jared and his love for airplanes know that he was ecstatic.

Here we are with our little plane. There was us, another older couple, and the pilot.



I got chosen to be co-pilot!! Jared was so jealous!! The lady told me it was because it seemed that I was the tallest and had the longest legs, so I would be more comfortable up there.

The pilots area.

My area.




Jared


Dan is smiling in this picture, but secretly he is a little petrified and I think, kinda wanted to cry.


Candice



Ok-- warning!! Lots and lots and lots of scenery pictures!!!
This is down on the South Shore/Poipu area.


These are coffee fields.


I liked being kinda in the clouds and kinda out of the clouds.



Peeking down at the Na Pali coast through the clouds.




No idea what the name of this is, just looked really cool.


Loved all the secret little unable to access beaches along the coastline.









This is the Princeville area, which is where we stayed. (sorry about my legs in the glare)



Hanalei Valley, if my memory is working. It was so green!!!



Those are the Fantasy Island falls.


See, I told you lots of pictures! If you only knew how many I really took!!

Like I said, Jared and I loved this! Our pilot was awesome and explained everything so well and answered tons of questions. Dan was very ready to get back on the ground. I kept feeling a tug on my seatbelt, it was him pulling on it. I don't know why! The pilot did a few turns, nothing major, while we were trying to spot some whales and I guess Dan did not like it at all!!!

1 comment:

Julie L said...

Now that looks like a really really fun experience! And you said that "G" (reen) word so I don't have to. I think there are some parts of this gorgeous world that got a little extra care when God created it. This appears to be one of them.