Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Anini Beach

We went to Anini Beach after the lighthouse. It was an ok beach. The water was shallow for quite a ways out. There were people walking way out there, and from the beach it looked like they were walking on water because there was a sandbar out there.

The water was a bit chilly and the wind was blowing, so Jared was the only one that played in the water. I got in for a few minutes because he told me that he saw a turtle--I think he just wanted me to get in!!


The beach wasn't super soft because it was made up of this.....

.....rather than fine sand. Anini Beach is one that the locals visit to pick up teeny tiny shells to make jewelry out of.


Ummmm, we drank a few of these, so I took a picture.....


There was a guy kiteboarding and it looked pretty fun. When the wind would pick up, he would get cruisin pretty fast!!!


Anini Beach was ok, but not our favorite. I did see a guy going spear fishing. I kind of giggled a little. Once again, I am easily entertained.


He left his little wifey and boys on the shore, strapped a huge knife to his ankle, had on camo shorts (not swimming shorts), and no shirt. He put on his flippers, snorkle gear, and grabbed his spear thingy, and in he went. Looking back I am not sure why I giggled--I would have taken a picture, but his wife was pretty close to us---I think it was the knife on his ankle that cracked me up.

I never saw him come back, so I have no idea what exactly kind of fish he was after. Maybe a BIG fish got him and his knife didn't save him........



1 comment:

Julie L said...

I must say again, Oh, the GREEN. I am so tired of gray. So ready for GREEN! How super fun.