Thursday, February 18, 2010

Catamaran

We went on a snorkeling/whale watching/dolphin/Na Pali coast tour. Luckily, the weather was perfect. I did not get any pictures of the snorkeling since I was busy looking at fish under water. It was pretty cool though. When we pulled up to the snorkel site, we were greeted by a couple of sea turtles.

My whale pictures need a little work on my photoshop program. I need a different lense that zoom better (hint hint Jared). But I will get them on. We did see several whales. The catamaran crew had a hydrophone that they put in the water so we could hear them sing. It is amazing to think that there is a whole different world under that blue water.

We saw some whales slapping their fins, a few small breaches, splashing around, and lots of blow spouts. The water out there was crystal clear. At one point, we were in about 100 feet of water and we could see the bottom.

The cruise went along the Na Pali coast. Once again, pictures never do justice. I only posted a few (I have over 600 pics from the entire trip). The Na Pali coast is gorgeous. The light wasn't in the best spot for photography, an afternoon trip would have been perfect.

Sea caves








Oh, this is me! Hi!
*Sidenote--see that water behind me--- it was like morning glass on Lake Powell, and we were cruising along pretty good when this picture was taken.





Oh, my beloved dolphins.
I L.O.V.E. dolphins. We had a pod of spinners come play with our boat. I was right up front on the catamaran. They had these trampoline-like things on the front that I was on.


I am quite proud of these pictures. I think that it looks like I am in the water with them. But nope. Once again, blessed with perfect water. The catamaran was going at this time!


This one will definately be framed and hung in my bedroom.


The dolphins played with us for a few minutes. Then they went off to put on a show a little further away from the boat. Did I say that I love dolphins? Just in case you didn't know, I love dolphins!!!!


Dan and Candice




Me and my sweet hubby.



All the travelers



It was a great day out on the water. We booked a great tour with Captain Andy's. I would recommend them to anyone. They served us breakfast and lunch, had all the drink that you could want, and the crew was awesome.





2 comments:

Julie L said...

Love your pictures of the dolphins! I see why you love them so much. They are really beautiful. It looks like this was a really great part of your vacation!

Anonymous said...

holy smokes, gorgeous!!!!

rachel