Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Lumahai Beach

On the Wednesday of our vacation we were supposed to go golfing, but it rained most of the day. We decided to get in the car and ride around and see what we could find. We came across some very beautiful beaches. Lumahai was one of them. It is located on the North Shore. This beach was made famous by the movie South Pacific where Mitzi Gaynor "washed that man right out of her hair"!

We found it to be gorgeous, with wonderful sand. So in true blue Elwell style-- we made our mark!


The sand was very squishy and felt good in our toes.







Mmmmm, I just love this next picture. It might get blown up and hung in my bedroom too.


Paparazzi! Paparazzi! We found a washed up movie star!!! It's Wilson from Castaway!!!!
We made him happy by taking his picture, but he was in a sad shape. (don't you want to go on vaction with me, I am quite entertaining)


Just gorgeous!!




The sand was wonderful, but very sticky. The humidity probably didn't help either. I bet the car rental people hated us.

2 comments:

katherine said...

tori! you are such a babe and your photos are so great! but i am oh so jealous of your adventure, alone (well sorta), with your man! dang. i need to get out of town!!! love you!!

Anonymous said...

okay, i need to go there.

If I went to Hawaii I would stay on this beach the entire time. just set up camp and stay there the whole time.

rachel