I loved all the pineapple that I ate. Pineapple is, by far, my favorite fruit. Every fruity drink that we ordered was adorned with a slice of pineapple -- I got them all.
We did try some fun different foods, some were new, some were just plain good treats. We had starfruit, starapple, and papaya. They have the biggest avacodoes there--yum. At the luau we tried poi and real kalua pork.
Starfruit kinda tasted like an apple, but sort of like chapstick to me.
The starapple was supposed to taste like vanilla-- just tasted like gooey sugar to me.
I re-affirmed that I do not like papaya--its a texture thing.
Then Dan, Candice, and Jared all decided that fresh oysters were an excellent choice to be on the dinner menu. Make my belly roll. I am sure glad that I bought a package of chicken.
They pried the little creatures open--they were still wiggling. A few of the poor things, got sauce dumped onto their squirming bodies, and slurped down into Jared and Dan's tummy before they even had a chance to realize their shells were open.
So, naturally, I took pictures while my chicken was cooking.



They BBQ'ed the other oysters. I did try a bite, since this is the year of NEW things, but yuck. Not my cup of tea.
I loved all the fresh fish at the restaurants. We had some killer fish tacos. We pretty much split our meals 50/50 with eating out and cooking in our condo. It was about the same price to do either one.



3 comments:
All I can say is "yuck", but as THEY say,,,,,,"each to their own"
ooo Tori.... I agree with you on the raw oysters, even though I suppose eating them as fresh as they did is a good thing...
You need to find Li Hing powder! I worked with a girl from Hawaii and her mom mailed her strawberry fruit leather with the powder on it and it was so good!!
i just threw up
Post a Comment