Friday, February 26, 2010

Last Day in Kauai

Our last day there we had to check out of our condo by 10:00 am but our flight didn't leave until 9:50 pm. So we had some time to kill. We decided to go to a beach that we had drove past several times, but never stopped at. I am not sure the name of it, which totally bugs me. I thought I did, but found that I was wrong.

It is a beach on the east side of the island. It was wonderful and warm. The surf was good for the surfers, so we sat in the sand and watched them.





Mmmm, have I told you all how much I love this man?


Love this picture.......



Jared and Dan had wrestled in our condo Sunday night. They both got some major carpet burns. This was 6 days after the wrestling match--- the waves were so rough when he went out that they ripped his scabs off.



I did go out with him (I had to pee and the bathrooms were a long walk). The pull of the water was amazing. I had to dig my toes in the sand just to even try to stay in the same spot, and the water was only waist deep. It was very intimidating to go out there and see/hear the waves crashing in front of you.


Jared and I enjoying the sun.



Once we decided that we were baked, dehydrated, and hungry we packed up and went to lunch. We found a cute little place called Scotty's BBQ. Little did we know that it had an amazing view.
Good food, good view, good beer, good friends-- what more can you ask for?

I know this picture is way too dark, but the view-- hello.


After we ate, we walked out there to play around. All we had was time to kill.






We entertained ourselves by watching the boys try to tear apart coconuts with their hands.









Dan, examining the milk inside the coconut.


No, they are not peeing--- I think they were still on their coconut kick.


I loved our vacation to Hawaii. It was wonderful! We were lucky enough to have only one rainy day, and it was still fun. The jet lag/time difference was hard to get used to. Calling my mom and we are eating a late lunch and she was cooking dinner was a little weird. But the sunshine, the salt water breeze, and the lush green island was fantastic!






2 comments:

Julie L said...

Hmmm - red, white, and blue - lots of blue. And not much green in these pictures. I like the idea of a whole day with nothing to do but kill time in Hawaii. Awesome!
And why didn't you ever tell me about your other blog. I'll have to add it to my list of must sees!

sinika said...

I loved seeing all your pictures Tori! I want to go now!!